1. If you have an eye infection, don't chop onions. THAT shoulda been a no-brainer.
2. If I'm not blogging I can make 22 Farmer's Wife quilt blocks in one week. Trying to start the 23rd block, however, is like pointing a loaded gun to my head. Just.couldn't.do.it.
3. If there is a Super Bowl party at my house, the next day I will have chocolate covered cheesecake morsels for breakfast, red licorice for a mid-morning snack and potato chips with pickle dip for lunch ... and then grow a zit by dinnertime.
4. The NEXT time I go to a seminar on how to use my new computer, I WILL remember to bring a notepad and pen. (What is WRONG with me?!)
5. Getting used to using the "command" vs. "control" key is surprisingly difficult & frustrating. (This will only make sense to you if you've ever gone from a PC to a Mac.)
6. If the furnace in my house dies at 3:30 a.m. and it is only slightly below freezing and lightly snowing outside, I can stay almost warm all day if I drink lots of tea, wear a wool sweater & socks, keep a space heater on in the hallway and the oven on in the kitchen ... and all the lights on in the house. Eating ice cream is not recommended. And making the chili for dinner extra spicy only upsets the children.
7. If my husband has recently started a new job and I attend the annual company party with him, I will ALMOST make it through the night without sticking my foot in my mouth. Unfortunately, I will exercise my occasionally sarcastic sense of humor as we are leaving and make fun of the door prize we won ... TO THE WOMAN WHO ORGANIZED THE ENTIRE EVENT. (Seriously, WHAT is WRONG with me?!! I was just trying to be funny.) In my defense, I didn't know it was her. And it really was a fantastic evening, just sayin'.
8. I will never wear high heels again. Ever. Life is too short to suffer that kind of unnecessary pain. I am probably shopping for black patent ballet flats this very minute.
9. I love blogging. Not being able to blog about pretty things makes me sad. (I also had "& lonely" but deleted it because that just sounded pathetic.) I am back tomorrow with some new things.
10. BILLY CRYSTAL IS HOSTING THE OSCARS!!!