and there are a few spots available.
I'll be talking a little bit about feedsacks and their history. And then we'll be making 2 projects:
- a "Feedsack Shopper", which is a pattern I designed specially for this workshop
- and Amy Sinibaldi graciously gave me permission to teach the little zippered pouch pattern from her book "Sweetly Stitched Handmades". We'll be using feedsack scraps for the patchwork.
In a nutshell, here are the patriculars:
- Dates: Nov 14-15, 9:00 - 4:00 both days
- Location: St Andrews Community Hall, NW
- Fee: $160
- First day includes a one hour talk on the history of feedsacks
- Both patterns and all supplies are provided EXCEPT you need to bring one yard of fabric for the lining of your shopping bag
- Shopping Bag is 9” x 12” x 12”
- Pouch is 4.5” x 6"
If you're interested, please email me - email@example.com - and I'll send you the newsletter with the registration form.
I hope you can come out to play! If you're a feedsack fan, I don't need to explain the joys of working with these wonderful, vintage textiles. If you're new to feedsacks, I'll be delighted to open the door for you to their fascinating history. And by the end of the weekend you'll have two handmade Christmas gifts that you can either give to your favourite people, or ... you know ... keep for yourself. ;)