Ok, so how cool is this leaf?
I made it with really small, tight fly stitches.
This is not how the leaves are stitched in the original pattern ... I just felt like making mine this way.
They're fun to stitch and look pretty realistic, I'd say. Sorta like a Boston fern, maybe?
And I had to do more alterations to this letter. The flowers on the original design are really cute, but because I've reduced the size of my Sampler by 30%, those flowers became too small to look good.
I came up with these tiny little pink bells. I have a thing for bell/drop type flowers. I just made 4 or 5 straight stitches for each flower. Easy peasy.
I'm not sure these flowers exist in real life. I think of them as stylized pink Lily-of-the-Valley. I bought one once from a mail-order garden nursery. It died. I'm not a very good gardener.
On the other hand, however, I'm a decent embroiderer ... happily these little pink bells will last forever!
Oh, and I added a little yellow knot - single strand only - to really emphasize the bell-ish-ness.
I think it worked out rather nicely.
Speaking of work, there are a TON of stitches in this little W ... (actual size is less than 1 1/2"!) ... and totally worth every single one.